Information for Speakers
Important dates for your diary
Call for Papers submission deadline
Final presentations & tutorial handouts due
Open Publish 2008 Conference
Presentations should be:
- 40 mins. long (30 mins. talk time and 10 mins. Q&A time). Two
40 min sessions are presented consecutively in each room;
- Focused on technologies and solutions, NOT products or services.
Please avoid marketing or promotional pitches!
- In MS PowerPoint, PDF or HTML;
- You may also wish to include a more formal paper in MS Word or any text format.
Tutorials are generally 3 hours or a half-day long. Full-day tutorials will also be considered. PCs will not be provided. The tutorial day is scheduled to run on July 30.
Tutors must forward a copy of the workshop manual and/or handouts for reproduction by Allette Systems prior to July 17.
All session rooms will include the following standard equipment:
- data projector and screen
- microphone (if applicable).
Please get in touch with us if you have any specific AV or equipment requirements.
Things to note:
- All speakers will receive a complimentary 2 day conference pass. Please note that this only applies
to one presenter per presentation and does NOT extend to tutorials. A discounted speaker rate will
be set up for additional authors/presenters. Speakers wishing to attend any tutorials will be able
to do so for a discounted fee of $200.
- Speakers may also request a free conference SESSION pass for a colleague.
- Regrettably, we cannot offer to cover costs for travel or accommodation
except in exceptional circumstances.
- Please bring a backup of your presentation on CD or DVD even if you have your own laptop.
- Internet access will be available in the rooms.
- Please arrive at least 1 hour before you are scheduled to speak.
- Please come and collect your name badge from the front registration
desk upon arrival.
- Two presentations are held every session moderated by a session chair.
You should make yourself known to the chairperson and be ready to take
your place for the first presentation of the session. All speakers are
requested to stay for the duration of their session.
- Running late? Please call to let us know that you're coming.
- Allette Systems reserves the right to publish all papers on our conference website.
- All speakers are required to REGISTER
For all speaker enquiries please contact:
Conference Manager Stefan Zagorski
+61 2 9660 8866